fredag den 8. juni 2012

Sewing Madness

I've been sewing so much lately that I don't know where to begin.

My sewing has been limited to pillow cases, duvet covers and such for many many years. A few years ago my mother in law gave me a fantastic sewing machine though (a Pfaff Select 1528) and since then I've dreaming of getting better at sewing. 

Last summer I got started and my first good projects were two dresses for my oldest daughter:

On with small fowers and lots of twirl:





And a 'fairy dress' for her birthday which she absolutely loved. :o)






Then I got started with the bags I've been selling in my shop. And hats and purses and some more hats and bags. :o) And then I tried sewing a dress from some stretchy fabric I had lying around and it failed miserably. Ugh, I was so disappointed - and then life got in the way and I didn't have time to sew for a really long time.

Then a few months ago I finally got some more time again and I decided that I wasn't going to let the stretchy fabric get to me. :o)
An Ottobre magazine served as my inspiration and I managed to sew this amazing sweatsuit for my youngest daughter, Dora. 

So with the feeling of having conquered the world of stretchy fabrics I continued and continued and after a while I decided to ask my dear husband if he felt like we could afford a serger. :oD And yay, we found one used, a Husqvarna Huskylock 905. I've been practicing a lot and this is what came out of my practicing:

Hip hippo trousers for Dora:


A stripey t-shirt for Dora: 






Trousers:




A sweatshirt with hood for Iris:




Lots and lots of tiny hats (they are so addictive!):






(The hats are for sale in my shop too along with some other things.)

Leggings:


A t-shirt and trousers for a little baby in California:


And yesterday, another dress for Iris, complete with piping and cute pockets. :o) I love it and so does she!








Phew! That was a lot! And I feel like I'm only just getting started. :o)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar